Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Knew I Wasn't Done Yet

Had to run to Fry's this morning. Normally we go through about a gallon of milk a week, but since I bought Keebler cookies and chocolate syrup yesterday, my kids went through almost a gallon of milk just yesterday!

So, hopped over to Fry's today to grab another gallon before the prices change tomorrow. I also got another four 2-liter bottles of soda @ 75 cents each, plus a bag of Goldfish crackers that Kylie just had to have to take to the park with us. Taking little kids to the store is really a savings killer.

So....
Gallon of milk, $1.99
4 two-liters Coke, $3.00
Goldfish crackers $1.88 (yikes)

New total for this week: $87.51

On the bright side, it looks like Fry's is going to have a great deal going on starting tomorrow. Buy 10 participating products, get $5 back, and you can do that 3 times per transactions. Check out the Fry's preview thread here: Pinching Your Pennies. I know I have coupons for several things on that list, and I'm going to wait and do my shopping after the new coupons come out on Sunday, so hopefully there will be more. I do see free Betty Crocker cookie mix and 50 cent boxes of Betty Crocker muffins at first glance. Goldfish crackers will be 50 cents in that promotion, and would it be asking too much to get a Pepperidge Farm coupon this week? Please? Grands Biscuits will be next to nothing, and so will Hormel Chili, if that coupon is still good. Looks like Shout and Windex will be 50 cents a bottle with coupons too. Ohhhh, I think this week is gonna be fun. :)

4 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

The Goldfish Crackers are part of the buy 10 get $5.00 instant rebate that started at Fry's today.
If you buy 10 you pay .50 per bag after the discount.

Anonymous said...

Chili????? Without Beans???? I feel a long car ride with the kids coming < evil giggle >

Shelley said...

Precious...yes, the Goldfish are part of it. We've had coupons before though, that I think were 55 cents off two bags? I guess I was just hoping for some free Goldfish. I think the coupon was for Pepperidge Farm cookies or crackers. Just wishful thinking. :)

Oh, and don't worry Steve, the Hormel coupons I was thinking of have expired.

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

I have B2 or 3 and Get 1 Free but I doubt that Frys will take them since Albies name is on them! Oh well!