Sunday, March 23, 2008

Trying to Work a Deal at Bashas

I'm at work, trying to figure this out...oy, math hurts my head.

According to what I've found online, mostly at Pinching Your Pennies, I've come up with this:

If I buy 7 Kellogg's cereals at 3 for $8, I get a $10 OYNSO back. That's $18.67 worth of cereal. I wish I still had some Kellogg's coupons to go with this, but I don't. However, I will get two dozen eggs free by buying 3 cereals each.

$3 OYNSO when you buy 6 General Mills products. I will get 3 Betty Crocker cookie mixes, 67 cents each after coupons, and 4 boxes of Pop Secret popcorn (a staple for work!) for $1.17 each after coupons.

$5 OYNSO when you buy 6 participating frozen food products. 6 Michelina's Authenticos minus a $1 coupon I have when you buy 5.

I also have a coupon that I got in the mail for Basha's for $5.00 off when you spend $25.00 or more. I'm assuming that's after coupons. They sent that to me in a "new moms" flyer, along with coupons for diapers, baby food and bananas. Do they know something that I don't?

Anyway, so if my math is right, after coupons ... $18.67 for the cereal, $4.68 for the popcorn, $2.01 for the cookie mixes, $5 for the Michelina's = $30.36 - $5.00/$25.00 coupon = $25.36 OOP, plus I should get $18.00 worth of OYNSO coupons. Plus two free cartons of eggs.

Then I'll go back and get another 6 Michelina's, use the other $1/5 coupon that I have, use the $5 OYNSO to pay for it, and I should get another $5 OYNSO.

I'm thinking I can use the $18 in OYNSO coupons for bacon (Hormel Black Label, which I also have coupons for, will be $1.50 each), and toilet paper, which we need desperately. Maybe some bread or produce too.

Hope this works!

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Your MATH is escellent! cawejeq

American Dreamer said...

Sorry about the last post....I meant excellent and the word verification doesn't belong there. UGH!

Shelley said...

I was just glad I got it worked out...it took me like half the morning to figure it out. lol