Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I Went to CVS Today!

I haven't been to CVS in a while...I seem to have fallen off the ECB wagon, somehow. But they had a couple of good deals this week, so I thought I'd start building some ECBs back up. It didn't work out that way, but I did get a few things.

First off, went in the store and got a Cover Girl foundation and a Cover girl compact. The foundation was on sale for $5.49, and you get $5.49 back in ECBs when you buy one. Limit is only one, unfortunately.

I also had a mf coupon for Buy one Cover Girl foundation, get any face product free. I also had a $1 off any Cover Girl product. Plus, I had two ECBs from two different times when my daughter had gone to CVS and bought something.

So, my total OOP for the foundation and compact was $3.19, including tax. I got $5.49 in ECBs for the foundation, and $4 in ECBs from the third quarter. Woo.

So then I went to get a Fusion razor for my husband. Middle daughter was with me, and requested a $4 box of hair dye. Ok, fine. The razor was $9.99, and I had a $4 off mf coupon. The Fusion razor also had a $5 ECB.

$5.99 for the razor, after coupon, and $3.99 for the hair dye. I used my $5.49 and $4 ECBs to pay for that transaction, and paid 52 cents OOP. I received a $5 ECB for the razor.

Then my daughter reminded me that we had actually come to CVS so she could get some nail polish. She found two bottles of Sally Hansen (and I know there are Sally Hansen coupons out there, but I didn't have them) nail polish for $2.79 each. Used my $5 in ECBs to pay, and owed something like 63 cents OOP.

So I still have no ECBs, but for less than $5 I got Cover Girl foundation, a compact, a Fusion razor, hair dye, and two bottles of nail polish. Not too shabby.

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

Are you okay there? Miss you posting!