Sunday, November 9, 2008

Basha's Super Doubles

I made a list of all the coupons I had in my binder that were between 55 cents and $1 off and took it with me to the store. I found a few good deals, but spent a bit more than I meant to. I can't tell you which inserts the coupons came from, you'd have to look at the database on Pinching Your Pennies or Coupon Mom.

Crest Whitening Mint Toothpaste (my favorite kind!) 6.2 oz tube, 2/$4. Used a .75/1 coupon making those 50 cents each. Most of the Crest toothpastes were 2 for $4.

Ziploc bags were on sale for $2.19. Used a $1/2 coupon making those $1.19 each. Not a great deal, but I was running low.

Glade sprays, 2 for $3. Used a $1/2 coupon, making those 50 cents each.

Here was a great deal: GE Energy Smart Bulbs in a two pack, regularly $6.99, on sale for $2.99. $1 off coupon made those 99 cents each.

18 oz jars of Skippy peanut butter were $1.99. Used a 60 cents off coupon, making those 79 cents each.

Pillsbury brownie mixes are on sale 4 for $5. Used a $1/2 coupon, making those 25 cents each.

Hershey bags of dark chocolate kisses or miniatures are on sale for $2.50. Used a $1 off coupon, making those 50 cents a bag.

Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta on sale for $1.25. There is a $1 coupon out there. I don't know about your Basha's, but at mine, it comes off as the $1 and then the extra .25, so it's free, but no overage.

Glenn Muir diced tomatoes were $2.29 a can. Used a $1 off any Glenn Muir product, making those 29 cents each.

Boxes of Progresso Broth were $2.79. There is a $1 off coupon out for those. I didn't need any, but those are 79 cents with the coupon.

Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers frozen veggies are $2.99 a bag. Used a $1 off coupon to get those for 99 cents each.

I also picked up a dozen eggs for $1.29.

Oh, and I had a coupon that Fry's sent me in the mail, but it was a manufacturer's coupon for $1 off three 2 liter bottles of any Coke product. Since the coupon doubled to $2 and the 2 liters are on sale 2/$3, I picked up three of those for $2.50, or about 83 cents each.

Overall, I spent $22.26 and saved $74.96. $43.35 of that was from coupons.

Hope this helps someone!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Great job! Good to see you posting again!

FOOTBALL MAN said...

I like your blogs, looking forward to your future updates.