Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Adding to the Emergency Fund

Husband won $100 at work today. He does sales, so he wins stuff sometimes. Sometimes it's actual merchandise, like my awesome (but not as awesome as Jen's!) digital camera. Sometimes it's gift cards, and sometimes cash. Today was $100 cash. I wanted to put it all in the emergency fund, but he said he had to buy oldest daughter some pants for her softball game today, because she can't seem to find hers. Then he said he wanted to do something else with it, and that he wasn't even going to tell me about it at first! Hmmph. Sometimes I feel like I'm on this journey to get us out of debt by myself!

Anyway, I made a deal with him, he's going to give me half of it, so I'm updating my ticker with $50 for the emergency fund.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I came up with a deal for .. extra ... money....
any money under 20.00 is his, or mine, ... over ....... debt. no and or ifs or buts....... But both have oppertunity for extra money......

Shelley said...

Hi Gisele,
Thanks for stopping by. Unfortunately, the only way I have right now to earn extra is working overtime, which I do when I get the chance, but then that comes on my paycheck, not in my pocket in the form of a $100 bill. It makes me wonder what he wins that he doesn't tell me about.

American Dreamer said...

It sounds to me like you came to a great compromise!

Jan said...

I have felt bad about telling my husband, who for 11 years was the only person working, what he can and can't do with money. But even if people share the load of responsibility with finances, one person has to be in charge.

Now I just deal with it. I set up an account for him so that he does not take money out of our main account. He can put gift money, extras in there, but when it's gone it's gone. Sort of like having a big kid.