Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Basha's One More Time

I saw that the Kellogg's cereal deal is still going on, but now Basha's has the cereal for $1.88, instead of 3/$8 (which is like what, $2.67 each?) So it's a better deal now, and I was tempted, but two things stopped me.

One, I set a budget of $100 a week for groceries, and I'm going to try really hard to stick to it. Two, I already have a decent amount of cereal, and really, my kids don't go through it all that fast.

So I went to Basha's this morning to spend my last two $5 OYNSO coupons on things we needed. Since they were only going to let me use one per transaction, I did two:

#1:
1 six double-roll package of Food Club toilet paper, $3.69.
1 two-liter bottle of Diet Coke, $1.50

Used a $5 OYNSO coupon, my total OOP was 42 cents.

#2
2 two-liter bottles of Diet Coke, $3.00
Gala Apples at $1.25/lb.

Used my last $5 OYNSO coupon, total OOP was 15 cents.

Total for the week: $95.94

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Hi Shelley,

Smart thinking to use those OYNO coupons for things that were needed! We all, have too much cereal. I also thought about going for more now that the price is down, but it would have to be a moneymaker for me. So I will have to spend some time figuring it out and with the $10. Rebate that was in the Healthy Beginnings Booklet see if it makes me money.

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

I hope you don't mind. I added your blog to my blog under my favorite blogs.

Shelley said...

I don't mind at all! You're already on mine. :) I don't do rebates yet, or Walgreens. I'm going to get comfortable with CVS first, and then I was going to try and get the Walgreens thing going. I mean, I've done a couple of rebates over the past few years, but I don't do them regularly. I'll bet it's fun to get that money back in the mail!