Friday, March 21, 2008

Payday

I have a love/hate relationship with payday. Obviously, I love getting money. It's just that husband's check is partially based on commission. One check a month for him has no commission, and the other one has it. Of course, theoretically, the commission check should be much larger. So once a month, I hem, haw, have an anxiety attack, and then finally panic, because I never know how much money is coming. I hate that. The uncertainty of it all tends to make me a nervous wreck. Yes, we usually have a general idea, but for some reason, once a month on that Thursday before commission payday, I have a panic attack.

Luckily, this month was...good. Not fantastic, but definitely on the better side of average. I paid all the bills that need to be paid for the next two weeks, put aside money for gas, groceries and incidentals, and contributed $250 to our emergency fund. That makes $450, which is a far cry from the at least $1500 I want to have in there. It's frustrating, because I want to start attacking the credit cards, but I know I need to have that emergency fund in place first.

Now I need to start getting organized for shopping this coming week. I'll be going to Basha's today to get eggs for coloring, since they seem to be the only store that has them on sale. Hoping for some good CVS deals on Sunday!

No comments: