Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Hit Basha's Again Today

Basha's Trip #1

Order #1
My original plan today was to get two orders at Basha's, the first one would have been 5 Lean Gourmet Pizza Rolls, using a $1/5 coupon, and 2 Eggos, using the $1/2 coupon in the ad. (Found it Precious, thanks!) I was going to add another $3.69 6-pack of toilet paper, would have been like $10.04 plus tax, and I was going to pay with the two $5 OYNSO coupons I still had, then get another $5 OYNSO with the frozen food.

However, the cashier decided that I could only use one of the OYNSO coupons. In the fine print, it does say "limit one coupon per transaction", so I guess she wasn't wrong, but it surprised me because yesterday I used a $10 and a $3 OYNSO at the same time. Those were the Kellogg's and General Mills ones though, so maybe those were different.

Anyhoo, I told her in that case I didn't want the toilet paper. I just got the 5 Michelina's and the 2 Eggos. I used one of the $5 OYNSO coupons and paid $1.37 OOP, saved $16.31, and got another $5 OYNSO.

Order #2

6 Michelina's Lean Gourmet Pizza Rolls, used $1/5 coupon.
Paid with a $5 OYNSO coupon, so total OOP was $0.02, saved $13.74, and received another $5 OYNSO.

Trip #2:

On the way to hand off child #3 to husband as he was getting off work so I could go to work, I stopped at a different Basha's, because I think the people at the one near me were getting a little sick of me.

I placed two separate orders, 6 Lean Gourmet Pizza Rolls each, used a $1/5 coupon for each, paid $0.02 OOP for each order, saving $13.74 each time, and got two more $5 OYNSO.

Handed off the two bags of 12 packages of pizza rolls to husband along with child #3, telling him to put them in the freezer when he got home. I think he looked at me weird, but I was like, "Hey, I only paid 4 cents for the 12 of them!"

Adding these to my total for the week:

Total spent: $95.37
Total saved: $190.24
Total savings % = 67%.
And, I still have two $5 OYNSO coupons. I will use those tomorrow to get TP, Diet Coke, and some apples. In two separate transactions, of course.

I think I must have goofed when I figured the percentage yesterday. Oh well, my freezer is crammed with about 40 Michelina's, most of them pizza rolls. Maybe the kids won't eat them all this week!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

Do you know how long that Michaelina deal is good for? You did great getting all those pizza rolls! Terrific shopping overall and great overall savings!

Shelley said...

I think it might have ended on Tuesday. When I was there on Wednesday, the Michelina's were still 10 for $10, but they had a little sign on the freezer door, with the info about getting the $5 back, and on Wednesday that was gone. So I don't know if it's over already, or if it goes through the end of March.