Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Fry's and CVS This Week

I decided to make one quick trip to CVS after work tonight, which means I got there about 15 minutes before midnight for the Memorial Day specials.

I got:
3 Revlon nail polish (for the daughters), $3.99, used $2/1 mf cpn.
4 Sobe Life waters, $1.49 each. I heard a rumor that these were 10 for $10 again, but they rang up $1.49. In any case, I had two BOGO coupons for those.
1 24 ct Excedrin Migraine, $1.99, used $2/1 coupon.
1 2-liter of Pepsi and 1 2-liter of Mountain Dew. These were on sale for BOGO, $1.69, I believe.

I had a $10 ECB that I was going to use, but I always figure this wrong, and I came out to $9.85. Then I added a 50 cent Dove chocolate bar, which I SO do not need, then she tells me I'm still 83 cents short of $10????

So I had her take the candy bar off, and grabbed one of the CVS brand $1.99 sunscreen mini-tubes they had on the counter. I always try to keep some sunscreen in my purse, because in AZ you never know when your small, fair-haired, fair-skinned child will need it.

Anyway, I used my $10 ECB, and ended up paying $1.21 OOP, which I happened to have jingling around in my pocket. I got $3 each back in ECBs for the nail polish, and $2 for the Sobe. So I ended up with $1 more ECB than I started with.


Not much to say about Fry's this week, except that I only spent $59.59, which I thought was pretty good. I did their Coke deal where you get 5 12packs for $12, plus two free boxes of Cheez Its.

Other deals were:
*Farmer John Bacon, $1.50 each
*Two packages Bar S hot dogs,$1.25 each , with a 25 cent coupon for each from their website. Those tripled, so 50 cents each.
* Printed out five more coupons from the Fast Fixin Chicken site. The Fast Fixin stuff was still 10 for $10, so I got 5 free packages of popcorn chicken.
* 2 jars of Ragu, used 25 cent coupons that tripled. I thought I would also get the 50 cents off two jars coupon that I loaded onto my Fry's card, but I checked that Unilever website, and it doesn't say it was redeemed. Hmph.
*2 1lb clamshells of strawberries, $1 each
*2 Popsicles, $1 each
*2 Ice cream sandwiches, $1 each
*1 package split chicken bone-in breasts, 88 cents/lb

I like only spending $60 for the week, but I'm sure I'll have to go back at some point. I didn't get any milk this week because I know we have enough to last until Wednesday. I'm hoping when the sales change, someone will have it on sale!

Anyway, I'm off to bed...hope everyone had a great Shelley's birthday Memorial Day weekend! :)

1 comment:

tsumomi said...

I love this site!!!! I will be checking it out. I need to look into this CVS thing. I always see Jennifer talking about it on her blog.