Saturday, May 3, 2008

My Name is Shelley, And I'm a CVS Addict

I might as well just admit it now. But if there's a 12-step program, I don't want any part of it. :)

I went to CVS twice yesterday. I had two $4/$20 coupons, people! I had to figure out how to make use of both of them. They both came in my email, and one was $4/$20 beauty purchase which expires 5/3 (yes, that's today), and the other one just came on Thursday, and it expired tomorrow.

I was actually planning on just using one of them, and letting the other one go. But here's what happened:

Yesterday morning, I got:

2 Adidas deoderants, $4.99 each
2 Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste, $2.99 each
1 Colgate 360 toothbrush, $3.99

This adds up to $19.95. I need a small filler. Guess what they sell at CVS?

Oh yeah, these little bottles are $1.29. Perfect.

I used my $4/$20 Beauty coupon (because guess what? My favorite CVS cashier said it didn't really matter whether they were beauty products or not!)
I also used 2 - $1 off Aquafresh and 1 - $1 off a Colgate 360 toothbrush.

I paid with my $10.97 in ECBs, and owed $3.76, which I put on my gift card. Total OOP = $0!

And, I got $9.98 in ECBs from the Adidas, $5.98 ECBs from the toothpaste, and $3.99 ECBs for the toothbrush for a total of $19.95. I practically doubled my ECBs! Yay!

Seriously, this was all I was planning on doing. I was just going to let the other $4/$20 coupon go. Really, I was.

But then last night, oldest daughter wanted me to take her to Fry's to get some tanning oil. (Please, no lectures about tanning oil. I made her get one with at least a little sunscreen in it, and let's face it, teenagers are going to lie out and tan themselves no matter what we say about skin cancer when they're 60.)

I was aghast at the idea of going to Fry's to get tanning oil, and I of course suggested going to CVS. You see, she was planning on paying for it, and I knew I could get it free. :)

So I quickly conjured up a little scenario in my head, verified that I did have $1 off coupons for Banana Boat products, and off we went.

Here's what we got:
1 Banana Boat tanning oil with SPF 4 (I know!) $8.89 (yikes!)
2 Colgate 360 toothbrushes, $3.99 each
1 Adidas deoderant, $4.99

I used my other $4/$20 coupon, 2 - $1 off Colgate 360 toothbrushes, and $1 off any Banana Boat product.

I went to use my $9.98 and $5.98 in ECBs, but that put me over the total. So I told daughter to grab some mints and added that to the total. I owed $1.07, which went on the gift card. Once again, my total OOP was $0.

I received $4.99 in ECBs for the Adidas, and $7.98 for the toothbrushes, so I still have $16.96 in ECBs.

I'm not going to apologize for being addicted to this!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Hi Shelley,

Are you out there doing the Walgreens RR P&G deals?

Shelley said...

Hi Precious,
Actually, I haven't started doing Walgreen's yet. I was just trying to get CVS down, one thing at a time, right? lol However, I've heard that Walgreens has some really great deals this week. I am very tempted to see what I can put together between now and Saturday. Any recommendations?