Tuesday, June 3, 2008

CVS Again

I made one more trip to CVS today, because we were out of hairspray and dishwasher soap. I was just going to pick up those three things, and burn some of my ECBs. However, since I still had the $3/$15 that doesn't expire until Friday, I had to try and work a deal. :)

Here's what I ended up getting:

Cascade liquid 75 oz, on sale for $3.99
2 White Rain hairsprays, 99 cents each
2 Dawn dishwashing liquid, $1 each
2 CVS brand band aids, $1.99 each
1 Brut deodorant, $3.29
1 Nerds candy, 79 cents

I had a $6.98 ECB and a $6.99 ECB to pay with. Of course, I was a bit over with my ECBs so I grabbed a Reese's peanut butter cup from under the counter, 79 cents.

After my $3/$15 coupon and those two ECBs, I ended up owing...wait for it... 1 penny. I'm not kidding. I spent 1 cent at CVS today. Hee.

I received a $1 ECB for the Dawn, $3.98 for the CVS band aids, and $3.00 for the Brut.

Bottom line is I spent 1 cent, and reduced my ECBs by $5.99, which was precisely the cost of only the dishwashing soap and the hairspray, which is what I went there for in the first place. Meaning all the other stuff was free.

This cracks me up:




Hmmm...I don't know why that ECB says $6.84. I know it was $6.99, because it was from the Oral B toothbrushes. I wonder if she adjusted it down? In that case, why didn't she just make it $6.85 so I didn't owe her the penny? Huh.

Oh wait, I see. My subtotal was actually $0.00. The penny is tax. I guess in Arizona math, $0.00 x 1.5% = $0.01. Weird.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

good job! at least youre not in TX where tax is about 8.25

Shelley said...

Thanks, um...anonymous! :) Actually, our tax percentage here is 8.1% I'm not sure why it says 1.5...maybe that's just the local/city tax? I have no idea.

Anonymous said...

I wish we had a CVS. :(

American Dreamer said...

Good job! I don't understand the tax thing either. Weird!

LINDA BARES said...

That's awesome...a penny! And here I thought my 35 cents the other day was pretty darn good. :)