Monday, June 30, 2008

Deals, Deals and More Deals!

Yesterday, hubby and I ran around to three different stores to grocery shop. All three major stores that double coupons here...Fry's (Kroger), Basha's, and Safeway, had great in-store specials. So I spent over $100 this week, but we friggin' cleaned up!

1st stop, Safeway

Safeway had some in-store coupons that were good with a minimum $10 purchase. We got:
2 Kraft Singles, $1.50 each
3 Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs, $1 each. Used $1/2 Oscar Meyer hot dogs mfr cpn.
1 32 oz bottle Heinz ketchup, 99 cents
2 boxes Cheez-It Crackers, first one was $1.47, second one was $2. Used a $1/2 mfr cpn. for Sunshine crackers

Our total at Safeway after store discounts and coupons was $8.62.

Second stop, Basha's

Basha's had some in-store coupons also, but they required a $20 purchase ON TOP of the specials. They also had a deal going where you buy 5 12-packs of Coke for $12 and get a bag of Food Club chips free.

We did two transactions at Basha's, one was me and one was hubby right behind me.

Mine was:
5 12-packs Coke products, $12.
1 bag Food Club chips, free
1 Basha's hot dog buns, 49 cents (store coupon, limit was 1)
3 packages Hefty styrofoam plates. Store coupon was for 99 cents, and you could only get one at that price. I had 50 cent coupons that doubled, so I got one package free. The sale price otherwise was $1.50, so I got two more packages at 50 cents each.
1 Kraft Mayo, 99 cents (store coupon, limit was 1)
1 Oscar Meyer Jumbo Beef Franks, 99 cents (limit was 1)

I got up to $20 by including two packages of chicken leg quarters at 69 cents a lb, and 4 Gatorades at 77 cents each.

My total was $23.43.

Hubby's transaction:
5 12-packs Coke products, $12.
1 free bag food club chips
I also had gotten two coupons in the mail from Basha's that required a $10 purchase. One was free loaf of crusty bread, and the other was a free bag of Dole salad. Since he was buying the $12 worth of soda, he got the free bread and free salad with his order.

His total? $12.18.

After this, we had to go home and unload before we headed to Fry's.

Third stop, Fry's
I'm only going to list the highlights here, but I am dang proud of this particular trip. They had two different promotions going on at the same time. One of them was some 77 cent items when you bought $25 worth of stuff. I knew I was going to spend more than $25, so we grabbed all the 77 cent stuff. The other promotion was $3 off your order when you bought 10 specially labeled Nascar products? You could do that three times, and we did. By the way, if I hold this receipt down touching the floor, it comes up to my waist. Just saying.
So, the highlights:

3 Cattleman's BBQ sauce, 10 for $10. Used $1 mfr cpns making those free.
3 Lawry's Marinades, 10 for $10. Used 75 cent mfr cpns making those free.
4 boxes of Popsicles, 77 cents each (in store deal)
4 cans Bush's baked beans, 77 cents each (in store deal)
4 1/2 gallons Fry's 1% milk, 77 cents each (in store deal)

Oh, I forgot...they were also doing triple coupons up to $1.
My 30 items for the $3 back for 10 items were:
9 Chef Boyardee, used 3 - 35 cent off 3 coupons, tripling to $1
2 Ragu Spaghetti Sauce, used 2 - 25 cent coupons tripling to 75 cents
3 2 liter bottles Diet Coke
7 Banquet frozen dinners
3 Purex laundry soap, on sale for $2.50, used 3 $1 off coupons
6 Betty Crocker fruit snacks, on sale 3 for $5, used 3 $1/2 coupons

We got several other things too, but the gist of it all is that my total was $84.22. I saved $103.36 with my VIP card and another $39.50 with coupons, for a total savings of $142.86. That's a 63% savings, people! I was excited! :)

Our total for the afternoon was $128.45. Over budget yes, but my cupboards and freezer are bursting and I need to quit stockpiling for a while and actually use some of this stuff.

I did, for dinner last night, make use of some of it...we had the chicken leg quarters, baked with some free BBQ sauce, and some 77 cent Bush's baked beans, and some free salad. Woo!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come eat from your stockpile? I REALLY need to get groceries and I have no time!

Off to check our Kroger ad and see if we have some of those deals. ;)

Shelley said...

You know, if you were closer, I'd tell you to bring a bag and come on over. Especially if you need mustard, Lawry's marinades, or BBQ sauce. Or cereal. Or canned beans. lol

Anonymous said...

*LOL* Thanks, friend!

I did get over to ours...we didn't have all the great deals you did at Kroger, so we shopped Meijer today...got ALOT of good deals, including free stuff (with coupons).

Free is always good. :)

American Dreamer said...

Shelley,

Where are You? Are you taking a break from shopping?