Monday, June 2, 2008

Safeway Again, and CVS

Saturday I decided to go do those Safeway in-ad deals one more time. They were such great deals, I don't think I've ever seen boneless, skinless chicken breasts for $1 a lb!

This time, I got:
1 4 lb bag Manor House chicken breasts, $4.00
1 4 lb clamshell of strawberries, $3.00
1 dozen Lucerne eggs, $1.00
1 package of the Rancher's Reserve bone-in chuck, 99 cents/lb. I think this package was about $5, but it was actually two pieces of meat, just sliced more thinly.
1 2 liter bottle Diet Coke, $1.89. I know that is a horrible price, but I was out and I didn't feel like going to another store. Their deal was actually B2G2, which would have been about 90 cents per bottle, which is a decent deal, but I had cash with me and I didn't have enough. :(

My total for this trip was $15.96

Total so far: $32.28.

Then yesterday I went to CVS. They had sent me a coupon for a free package of Backpack Buddies anti-bacterial wipes that expired yesterday, so I wanted to use that. Also, those $5/$15 coupons expired yesterday.

Here's what I got:

2 bottles Listerine Kids Smart Rinse, $3.49 each.
1 2pack of Oral B toothbrushes, $6.99
1 Phantom Fusion razor, $9.99
1 box CVS brand band aids, $1.99.
1 package Backpack Buddies antibacterial wipes, $1.59

Coupons used:
$5 off $15 purchase
$4 off any Fusion razor
2 - $1 off Listerine Smart Rinse
Free Buddies wipes, $1.59

I used $13 in ECBs and paid $2.57 OOP.

I received $6.98 in ECBs for the Smart Rinse, $6.99 for the toothbrushes, $1.99 for the band aids and $4 for the razor. That's a total of $19.96 in ECBs. If you consider that I used $13 in ECBs and paid $2.57, that's a profit of $3.39, plus all that stuff for free. I love it when they pay me to take stuff out of their store.

Adding the $2.57 I spent at CVS, my total for this week is $34.85. I'm going to Fry's later today, hoping I can stay under my $75 limit!

2 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Good Job again Shelley! You were very lucky to find those Backpack wipes. My DIL and I looked in 4 stores and none of them had them.

Shelley said...

I never would have found them if I hadn't asked someone who was stocking in the razor aisle. I was looking where the diaper wipes were, and they were actually hanging on a hook next to the register! It's a very, very small package...you're not missing much. :)