Monday, June 23, 2008

New Week June 23rd

Well, I think I spent more than $100 today, but I suppose that will happen occasionally. Especially since last week, I hit the Revlon sale at CVS and got oldest daughter and middle daughter each an eyeliner and a mascara. Had coupons, used ECBs, only spent $1.38, but I totally burned all my ECBs, so I'm starting from scratch again.
Four different trips today:

CVS #1
Wanted to get the Brut deodorant, but I swear every store I go into is out of the ones that are $2.89 with $3 back in ECBs. I have 55 cent coupons too. But out of stock. So what I bought were two of the Oral B toothbrush double packs, and a 20 oz Diet Coke. (I had to, it's hot here!)

Spent $16.48 OOP, got $13.98 back in ECBs.

Bashas
I didn't have any coupons to use here, just went with some sales:
2 loaves Aunt Hatties bread, $1.50 each
2 cans refried beans, 69 cents each
1.92 lbs Red Globe grapes, 88 cents/lb, $1.69
2 packages Kraft singles, $1.99 each (my family really loves their grilled cheese sandwiches)
1 lb bag mini carrots, 88 cents
4 boxes Popsicles, $1 each
20 Powerades, 50 cents each, which came with 2 free cases of Dasani water.

Total here was $25.30

CVS #2
I decided to do the Charmin/Bounty deal, because we were in desperate need of toilet paper AND paper towels. I try to cloth dishtowels as much as I can, but sometimes you just need a paper towel, you know?

I got:
3 packages 12 big rolls Charmin, $5.99 each.
1 package 8 rolls Bounty paper towels, $5.49.

I had two 25 cent coupons for Charmin and 1 for Bounty. Woohoo.

Those $3/$15 coupons never print on my receipts. I have no idea why.

I used my $13.98 in ECBs and my total OOP was $9.47. I received $10 back in ECBs.

Fry's
This is always the big one. Too much to list, but some sales were:

3 Dial hand soap, 10 for $10, used 60 coupons which double, so those were free.
3 Ken's Salad Dressing Sprays, on sale for $1.77, used $1 mf cpns, so 77 cents each.
2 Dole bagged salad, 88 cents each
2 Barilla whole wheat pasta, on sale $1.50, used 50 cent coupons that doubled, 50 cents per box.
2 boxes Kroger 94% fat free popcorn, 88 cents each
3 Pringles, 88 cents each
2.28 lbs green grapes, 77 cents/lb, $1.76

Anyway, the total was $76.31, and according to my receipt I saved $77.23.

I always feel good when I save more than I spend.

Well, grand total for the week is $127.56. Oops. Oh well, we really needed that toilet paper.

4 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Glad to see you posting again! Good shops!

Anonymous said...

Great deals! I stocked up on a similar deal on the Powerade a couple of weeks ago at Kroger (I think they're the same as Fry's).

My grocery budget is WAY out of whack with summertime here now.

tsumomi said...

Thank you for posting again. I was getting scared that I wouldn't have financial direction. lolo Thanks for the update. I shop Fry's so I am there.

Shelley said...

Lish - Yup, Fry's is a Kroger store. I know what you mean about summer and the grocery budget...what is it with these kids and the dang eating?