Wednesday, April 9, 2008

CVS Again

Well, I'm looking at my savings ticker up there, and it hasn't moved, because I don't have any extra money to put in there. How depressing. The turtle was definitely the right icon.

That's not why I'm here though. I went to CVS this morning, because I am seriously almost out of foundation and my compact is nearly empty. And my daughter keeps stealing borrowing my makeup from me, even though the foundation and the compact are the only makeup I use, and she seems to have a basket full.

Anyway.

I bought 2 Cover Girl foundations and two Cover Girl compacts. They were all $5.49 each. I used two "Buy One CG Foundation, Get A Free CG Face Product" coupons, and two $1 off any Cover Girl product coupons. I used my $5 in ECBs, and paid $5.30 OOP. I also received $10 back in ECB for the "buy $20 in Cover Girl products, receive $10 ECBs." LIMIT is ONE on this promo, in case anyone is wondering. :)

However, the whipped foundation which gives you $6 in ECBs is not included in that particular promo. So, I think that tomorrow I can go back and get two of those, because they are like $9.49 each, use one of the BOGO coupons and one of the $1 off coupons. Then I can pay for that with my $10 in ECBs, and get the $12 back in ECBs with little or no OOP. Wow, that's making money, and getting free stuff!

(I know, but it still kind of amazes me.)

I think that brings my weekly total up to about $95, and I forgot about the eggs at Basha's yesterday. Hmmm, I think I'm just right at my budget this week. And it's only Wednesday. Looks like I'm done shopping for the week, unless it's free stuff!

No comments: