Saturday, April 5, 2008

I Am A Moron

So, even though I've been couponing for over two years now, I'm still new to the CVS thing. And boy, did I make a rookie mistake yesterday.

You see, I had $22.96 in ECBs from the Softsoap deal and the Speedstick deoderant. Well, for some reason, I decided that it would be really cool to go get four more body washes. With three girls and me in the house, you can never have enough shampoo, conditioner, or body wash. I had my $19.96 in ECBs from my first Softsoap purchase, so I'll just use that to pay, then I'll just pay the tax out of pocket, and four more free bodywashes!

Yeah, so I'm sure you know what's coming. Imagine my surprise when instead of another $19.96 back in ECBs, I only got $4.99. I said to the cashier, "Shouldn't there be $4.99 for each bottle?" She said there was a limit of five per customer. DUH. I felt so stupid that I just said "Oh, ok...no problem," and took my bag and left.

So, rookie mistake, and definitely lesson learned: Always know what the limit is.

I didn't pay anything out of pocket, (ok, 13 cents), but I felt like I lost $15, which I pretty much did. I was so mad at myself for that. I'm over being mad, but I still feel like an idiot. I'll get this down eventually.

4 comments:

American Dreamer said...

Hi Shelley,

Don't feel bad! We have all made mistakes like that at one time or another. I also learned the hard way when I started doing ECB's at CVS to watch the limits!

Lindsay said...

I did something similar recently.... only I was even more upset because the things I bought rung up more than I thought they would. You can always return them?

Shelley said...

I thought about taking them back, but I had no idea if they would refund my ECBs, and I felt too stupid to ask. I just chalked it up as a lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing, but with some bandaids. I returned them and bought some huggies baby wash. Only problem was that I forgot to scan my cvs card and lost out on $1.50 extra bucks. Oh well...not too big a deal. Unfortunately, I still have two more boxes of bandaids to return...I'm a moron too...