Monday, April 21, 2008

More CVS

This is getting redundant, but I'm having fun. I played with CVS all morning while small one was at preschool.

Trip #1

6 bottles of Herbal Essence shampoo and conditioner - $4.29 each, BOGO
1 Speed Stick 24/7 - $3.99
1 bottle 500 ct of CVS brand Ibuprofen - $13.19. Yikes, that's a lot...but hubby is supposed to start taking 1200 mgs a day to help with tissue swelling in his hands that is resulting from his MS. (Long story, anyway, we needed it)

Coupons used:
$4 off $20 purchase
$1 off Speed stick 24/7
3 - $3 off 2 bottles of Herbal Essence

Used $14.99 in ECBs, paid $1.92 OOP on a prescription transfer gift card.

Received $3.99 in ECBs for the Speed Stick.

After this, I went home to plot my next trip. I wanted to hit a different store. I swear there are about 5 of them within a 3 mile radius of my house. I printed out another $4 off $20 coupon and also printed out a couple of the $4 off Alavert coupons, and off I went.

Trip #2

1 Alavert -D 12 - $10.99. This was supposed to ring up at $6.99, but I didn't realize it was a sale advertised in the circular. For some reason, I thought it was an unadvertised sale. Also, I had to get it from the pharmacy and show ID! You know, so they can keep track of how much I'm buying so I don't make meth out of it. There's a daily limit on how much you can buy. Crazy. Anyway, I didn't say anything about it not ringing up at $6.99, because the pharmacists are usually clueless about sales and coupons anyway, and I had to ring up my stuff at the pharmacy.
I also got 6 more bottles of Herbal Essence - $4.29 each, BOGO and one of the 18oz Softsoap Radiant Spa body wash at $5.49.

I used a $4 off $20 coupon, the $4 off Alavert coupon and 3 of the $3 off 2 Herbal Essence. Surprisingly, the pharmacist had no trouble ringing up any of my coupons. He was really nice about it.

I used a $3.99 ECB and a $3 ECB, and paid $6.79 OOP which I put on the gift card. I was kind of bummed about losing $4 on the Alavert thing, but it was on a gift card so I didn't mind too much.

I received a $4 ECB for the Alavert and a $5.49 ECB for the Softsoap.

Trip #3

Actually, this was at the same store. I saw a big bin of the Softsoap body washes on my way out the front, and I just grabbed one and paid for it with my $5.49 ECB and got another $5.49 ECB. Total OOP, $0. Just for the record, after the pharmacist had been so nice to me, the cashier at the front rolled her eyes at my single free body wash purpose. Whatever, chica.

Trip #4

This was a third store. I got:

1 18 oz Softsoap Radiant Spa body wash - $5.49
1 12 pack Cottenelle Double Rolls TP - $5.99.

Used my $5.49 and $4 in ECBs, paid $2.15 OOP which I put on the gift card.

After this, I called my friend Jen, who has really gotten into this CVS thing with me. I asked her if she had tried the Alavert deal yet, and she said that it worked for her, no problem. I thought that was weird, because I was going to warn her that they didn't seem to be on sale here. She's the one who told me it was in the circular, and that I should take it back.

So after I picked up the small one from preschool, I did just that. I took it into the store closest to me with the receipt, grabbed a circular on my way to the counter, and told the cashier that I had purchased the Alavert and it hadn't rung at the sale price. I pointed the sale price out to her in the circular. She had no problem doing a return for the entire purchase price on a gift card, and then selling it back to me at the sale price, paying for it with that same gift card. So I ended up with another gift card that has $4.31 on it as my refund. Yay! Thanks Jen!

I'll probably be doing that Alavert deal a few more times, now that I know it's a sure money-maker. It looks like there's probably a limit of 5 on the 18oz Softsoaps too. I've purchased 3 so far. Funny thing is, I remember about a week or so ago saying that with me and the three girls in the house, I can never have enough body wash and shampoo and conditioner. Well, at this point, I may just have enough. Now I just need a good deal on lotion!

No comments: