Monday, April 7, 2008

More Fry's and CVS

I made two trips to Fry's today and one to CVS. My first trip was to Fry's for my weekly shopping. I did another three $5 off 10 items transactions, but also got our need items as well.

Total: $52.72

Then I went to CVS. I decided to get my feet wet again with their Dove/Sunsilk deal. I bought 3 Sunsilk shampoos and three conditioners at $3.49 each. I used 3 BOGO coupons, and also a $2 CVS register coupon that said $2 off any shampoo or conditioner. Actually, I'm just now looking at my receipt, and the manager, who was the one who rang me up, keyed in the BOGO coupons at $3.99 instead of $3.49. I didn't even notice that.

Anyway, I used $4.99 in ECBs and paid $3.07 OOP. I also got $5 back in ECBs. That's 51 cents per bottle, not bad! I also know that the limit on that deal is just ONE per household, so hopefully I can use those $3.00 Dove coupons somewhere else.

Total at CVS: $3.07

Went to a different Fry's after I picked up the little one from preschool. The other Fry's had been out of the Eggo waffles and the Keebler cookies that were part of the $5 off 10 deal. Luckily, this Fry's was well-stocked.

I got:
3 Eggo Nutrigrain Waffles, used 3/55 cents off Eggo cpns
6 Keebler Fudge Shop cookies, used 3/$1 off 2 Keebler fudge shop cpns
6 Gatorade
5 more Goldfish crackers
1 Kroger frozen chicken nugget meal

Small child wanted a kid's frozen meal for lunch. Luckily, I was able to talk her out of the $2.99 (!) Kid's Cuisine, and convince her that the 89 cent Fry's meal with the chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese was the exact. same. thing. You know, except without the picture of the penguin on the box, which apparently costs $2.10. Those things have always been 2/$4 in the past. I can't believe how much the price of everything is going up.

Total for that trip was $11.27.

Right now my grand total spent this week is $89.40, so I'm still about $10 under my budget, and I think the little one has enough Goldfish to last her until next year. Yay.

No comments: