Sunday, April 27, 2008

Week of April 27th to May 3rd

A new week of savings (hopefully, lots of savings!)

Fry's (Kroger) is running a deal this week where you get $4 back instantly when you buy four specified General Mills products. There are several coupons out there that will make this an even sweeter deal. Unfortunately, you can only do this once per transaction. So I decided to make my first transaction on my way home from work this afternoon.

I bought 3 boxes of Chocolate Chex cereal and 1 box of Strawberry Chex cereal. They were all $2 each. I had three 75 cents/1 coupons for Chocolate, Strawberry, or Honey Nut Chex. I also had a 75 cent coupon for Strawberry Chex on my VIP card. I got that by signing up here: Shortcuts.

So, after the $4 instant rebate and my coupons, I paid 36 cents for the four boxes of cereal. In case your math isn't so great, that's 9 cents per box. Hee. Who said food prices are going up?

To sign up for Shortcuts, click on the link and follow the instructions. If you don't have an AOL or AIM name (which I didn't), you have to create an account, but it's free. Then you link your VIP card and just select the coupons that you want to put on your card. The cool thing is that they'll work even if you've already used paper coupons for the same product. The only thing is they don't double like the paper coupons do.

Even so, you can't beat 9 cents a box. I have coupons for General Mills cereals too, and Honey Nut Cheerios is another one on the sale. 4 boxes of HNC plus $1 off 2 boxes of cereal makes those 50 cents a box. I'll include that in my main shopping trip tomorrow.

Total so far this week? 36 cents. :)

No comments: