Monday, April 28, 2008

Grocery Shopping!

First of all, I have to say that the deal I worked out for CVS last night worked perfectly. Well, except for the fact that I apparently can't add. Actually, I think I just didn't figure in tax.

First trip to CVS, I bought one Bic Solei razor (it comes with an extra cartridge and a shower hanger too! Sweet!) at $5.99, one Just for Men haircolor for $7.99, and one CVS brand rapid release gel tabls, 24 ct.

My total after coupons was $12.something (can't find the receipt), I used $10.49 in ECBs and ended up paying 83 cents OOP and getting back $14.98 in ECBs.

Since they surprisingly had more of the Bic razors in stock, I went out to my car and got the two other mf coupons I had, went back in and got two more razors. I paid with my $7.99 ECB from the Just for Men, and spent 30 cents OOP. I received $6 back in ECBs for the razors.

So, I started the day with $10.49 in ECBs, and ended up with $12.99 ECBs, and spent a grand total of $1.13.

Then I went to Fry's for my main shopping and spent $80.12. I did the $4 back on General Mills deal again with two Fruit Roll ups and two boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios, all of which I had coupons for.

Just a couple of highlights:
Assorted loin pork chops, 97 cents/lb
chicken leg quarters, 99 cents/lb
3 packages David's sunflower seeds, $1.29 (used 50 mf cpn, making them 29 cents)
3 - 28 oz cans of Muir Glen organic tomatoes, on sale for $1.50 (used $1.00 printed mf cpn, so 50 cents each)
2 bags Garden Salsa Sunchips, 2/$4 (used $1/2 coupon, $1.50 a bag)
Red Grapes, 97 cents/lb
Baby carrots, $1 a bag.

I feel like I got a lot for my $80. According to my receipt, I saved $89.05, so 53%. I'm always happy when it's over 50%.

After I picked up the small one from preschool, I realized that I was going to have husband make hot dogs for the kids for dinner tonight, and we were out of ketchup. I said this while I was on the phone with him, and he also said he was out of mayonnaise. Sigh. I had no coupons for either one of these things! Grrrrrr.

So, back to Fry's (a different one this time, because mine was out of the chocolate/peanut Curves bars)

This trip I got:

1 box Curves granola bars
1 box Chocolate Chex cereal
2 boxes Trix cereal
1 large bottle Kroger brand ketchup which was $1.39
1 jar Best Foods mayo, $2.50 (ouch)
1 donut (for the kid!) 50 cents.

I had 75 cent coupons for the Chex and the granola bars, making them free. Another $1/2 General Mills coupon made the Trix cereal 50 cents a box. My total after the $4 instant rebate was $5.56.

Then the little one had to use the store bathroom. While she was in there I was checking out my General Mills coupons, and noticed that the new ones from yesterday's paper included Cheerios! So, back to the cereal aisle for 4 boxes of Honey Nut Cheerios. Used two $1/2 General Mills cereals, making them 50 cents each. Total for that transaction, $2.12.

So, my grand total for this week, including CVS, is $89.29. I think soon, I'm going to revise my weekly budget down $10 to $90 a week, and see if I can stay under that!

Oh, and if anyone needs cereal, I have a lot. :)

1 comment:

Karen @ Desert Chica Ramblings said...

Hi Shelley...
You have been "tagged" for 3 random things :)
http://desertdealsdiva.blogspot.com/2008/04/three-random-things-about-me.html