Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Had to Get My CVS Fix In Today

Does this mean I'm like, an addict? Hmmmmmmm.

Anyway, I decided to hit a store in a neighboring city, because my friend Jen told me that the store she went to where she lives didn't have the Alavert behind the pharmacy, they had it out in the aisle with the rest of the allergy/cough&cold stuff. No having to show ID and all that nonsense. So on my way to drop off the small one at my parents' house before I went to work, I hit a CVS near their house.

I got:
2 Alavert 12D - $6.99 each
1 Softsoap Radiant Spa 18 oz - $5.49
1 2 liter Diet Coke - 99 cents

I got the soda to put me over $20 so I could use the $4 off $20 coupon. Oh, and also because I totally needed it for work. :)

I used the $4 off $20 coupon, plus two $4 off coupons for the Alavert.

I used $6.00 in ECBs from the Maybelline lipstick deal

OOP was $3.25 which I put on my gift card.

I received $5.49 in ECBs for the body wash and $8 in ECBs for the Alavert.

Oh, and I got my $4 off $20 beauty coupon in my email today! Did you get yours?

***************************************************************

PS. It just occurred to me that I never posted about the Maybelline lipstick. That one went something like this:

Tuesday morning, 6am - Oldest daughter, age 16, informs me that we have to leave for school early (We normally leave around 7am) because she needs to stop at the drugstore and get some bright red lipstick for her dance concert dress rehearsal after school.

Me, being the quick-thinking CVS addict that I am, says "Oh, the CVS at Hoosits and Whatsits is open 24 hours. We have to go THERE!"

Daughter - "Why?"

Me - "Because there's a 2 for $9.99 sale on those Maybelline lipsticks, and I get $6 back in Extra Care Bucks!"

Daughter - Looks at me like I'm nuts, but we go to CVS, she gets her bright red lipstick plus another one of her choice, I pay for it with ECBs and get my $6 ECB back. I paid nothing OOP, she has her lipstick, and all is right with the world.

Amen.

1 comment:

American Dreamer said...

I didn't get the Beauty coupon in the mail, but it is posted on the web. You did fantastci on all yoru CVS deals recently!