Friday, April 18, 2008

Score at CVS!

Wow, I'm really happy with The Coupon Master right now. I wanted to get in on that deal for the blood glucose monitor at CVS, where you buy it for $14.99 (with a coupon that makes it free!) and get $14.99 back in ECBs. However, the coupon was from back in the middle of March, before I started saving whole inserts. I placed an order with The Coupon Master on Monday night, and they got here today. Awesome. The Coupon Clippers is a good service too, I've used them before also.

So, I went to CVS and got my Contour blood glucose monitor. The coupon is good for up to $30, btw, and the monitor is on sale for $14.99. I had $12 in ECBs, and I used them like this:

1 12 pack of Essence of Beauty eye makeup applier thingies, $1.99.
1 2 pack E of B eyeliner sharpeners, $1.99.
1 Creamy Walnut (or something like that, it smells awesome) E of B body lotion, $4.99.
2 packages of M&Ms, $3.29 (BOGO)
1 Contour blood glucose monitor, $14.99.

My total after the coupon for the monitor was $13.01. I used my $12 ECB and reduced my total to 26 cents. I'm not sure how that works, but the lady at the store told me that when you use ECBs you don't pay tax?? Anyway, I paid 26 cents OOP.

I got $14.99 in ECBs for the monitor, $3 in ECBs for the M&Ms, and $5 in ECBs for the three Essence of Beauty products. So I started out with $12 ECBs and ended up with $22.99 in ECBs. Woohoo!

Also, I transferred a prescription of hubby's to CVS today and had a coupon for a $25 gift card. So I paid $10 for the script, but I now have a $25 gift card. I'm psyched!

Also, since no one living here needs a blood glucose monitor, I took it over to the assisted living facility that's right across the street from the little one's preschool. They were happy to have it!

3 comments:

American Dreamer said...

That was nice of you to donate that monitor, Shelley. I am clapping for you. :-)You did great on your deals. Don't you just LOVE ECB's?
And I love those prescription coupons, too!

Sarah C said...

Shelley - every ECB is worth face value plus tax. For instance, I'm in WI with a 5.5% tax rate, so every $1 ECB is actually worth $1.06 off my purchase. Does that make sense? Cool, huh?

Hope this helps!

Shelley said...

Sarah, thanks...that does make sense. And our tax rate here is like 8.1%, so that makes my ECBs worth even more. Cool!