Monday, April 21, 2008

Groceries This Week

So after my big fun at CVS this morning, I went to Basha's. The only things I wanted here were the free Gum toothbrushes and the S&W Beans.

3 Gum toothbrushes - 10 for $10
4 cans S&W kidney beans - 20 for $10
4 cans S&W black beans - 20 for $10
1 20 oz bottle Diet Coke ( I had to, I was dying) - $1.39

Used 3 - 75 cents off any Gum toothbrush, making those FREE.
Used 2 - $1 off 4 cans of S&W beans, making those 25 cents each.

My total OOP was $3.75.

Then I went to Fry's, and managed to only spend $66.36. Yay.

A few highlights:

Last week they had the 32 oz Gatorades for 50 cents a bottle. Well, this week they had the same size Powerade for 69 cents a bottle, BUT if you bought 10, you got a case (24 bottles) of Dasani water FREE! I thought that was a pretty good deal.

3 Brut deoderants, free after coupons

4 packages David's sunflower seeds. These were a request from my softball player. The smaller bags (5.25 oz) were 10 for $10, and I had 50 cent coupons. However, the coupons said they were for 8.5 oz size or larger. I tried them anyway, and they worked, didn't even beep. Free sunflower seeds, yay.

There was really nothing else that I needed or wanted that I had coupons for. So my $66.36 was basically spent on needs: Drinks, some $1.77 per lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cheese, fruit, Doritos, ice cream...you know, necessities. :)

So, between Basha's and Fry's, my total for this week is $70.11. Yeah!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I linked to your blog from the iheartcvs site. I'm Shelle A also in Arizona. I'm also doing the Dave Ramsey baby steps!!!!!

Where in the valley are you?

Shelley said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by. I'm in Chandler. I'm trying to do the Dave Ramsey plan, but baby step 1 is going awfully slowly. I'm struggling to find the extra money to put my emergency fund together. I'm plugging away though.

Nice to meet you!

Anonymous said...

I'm in Mesa, maybe we could meet for coffee one weekend? My email is azfitchick@yahoo.com